Tuesday 27 July 2010

3D EFFECTIVENESS



This image "MANYSTUFF" for Manystuff Magazine is said to have been for issues that focus on graphic design by Jean Jullien.
I feel 3 dimensional layering can induce more than just depth, it creates environment a space that flat images can’t emulate. I have tried to make 3d illustration models and have found having rough or unstrained edges works best when, blending a light colour into a dark colour. I would have to change the way I work to adapt a 3d style as my works are so formulated and structured by deteriorating the sides of the shapes.
This image shows this point well as it uses slightly scuffed cut elements and contrasts bright light and black. I have noted this in "little big planet" sharp clean edges for 3d illustration create an ugly dynamics but with slight scuff make it easier to take or read.
This is something I have contemplated in 2d as well but I feel sharpness works better when creating flatness, an absence of 3d but not depth as colour or pattern can indicate a 3d effect without being 3 dimensional.

No comments: