Monday 27 April 2009

Steve Mack


Steve Mack email:

Hi Steve,
I am a second year student from Stockport College, Cheshire, England who’s working on an art blog and I’m a huge fan of your work. I find it has a refreshing simplicity and would be most grateful if you could answer a few questions.


As an illustrator yourself, do you experience difficulty multi-tasking work with your home life?

No, it's a balance but the great thing about being a freelancer is that I can find time to work and shift my days around as need be. I am not held to a daily routine and that flexibility allows me to be an illustrator, daddy and a husband. Life is busy but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Shape seems to be a big part of your illustrations, do you create grids as guide lines?

Shape is a big factor in my work as well as contrasting scale. I've never created a formula or grid. I just keep working at it till it feels "right" to my eye's.

Do you use side projects to help generate ideas for clients, or do you work strictly to briefs?

Most of the work I do is commissioned work for clients specific needs but I also do some fun things on the side to pitch to book publishers.


What type of material/media do you use?

I work completely digital in Adobe Illustrator.


Hi James,

Thanks for the email. I have answered

Best,
Steve
Steve Mack
Freelance Illustrator
Phone: 1.306.502.3394
Fax: 1.866.447.2834 (toll free)

Email: steve@illustrationfarm.com
Website: www.illustrationfarm.com
Blog: www.spotillustration.com
Contributing Author: Illustration Friday Blog

No comments: