Thursday 16 October 2008

jon burgerman


Jon Burgerman has cutout pictures of animals above his desk where he works. The first to be added, and probably still his favourite, is a baby penguin going to the toilet, with some force. When not cooing over nature's fluffy defecating creations he likes doodling. His doodles have adorned t-shirts, snowboards, magazine covers, books, toys, computer games and airplane sick-bags. Working freelance enables him to snooze through most of the day; he is at heart a very lazy person. Info by Idressmyself.co.uk.

I will contact him soon and ask him about who inspires his work and so on!

His work inspires my own in that it uses a playful style that has its own uniformed presentation.

Hi Jon,

As part of my art course, I'm obliged to contact the phenomenal Burgerman. Argh no, I'm scared!

> I watched your 'Pens are my Friends' DVD and noted you didn't
> mention a
> favourite fruit? So d'you have one?

a ripe pair or a juicy orange.



>
> I appreciate you're a fan of Super Mario - are there any other video
> games
> which inspire you?

I liked the first sonic game and I enjoy playing Advanced Wars on the DS

>
> Do you listen to music for inspiration? Which genre?

I like all sorts.
check out my profile on last.fm
http://www.last.fm/user/jonburgerman


>
> I like to relax to Echo the Dolphin when doodling.
> Many thanks for your time......

that's a nice game, i remember when it came out on the mega drive

cheers
j



Jon replyed within four hours and this was easter day!!

1 comment:

Jo said...

You must explain why you have posted this work James and relate it back to your own work.